Windows XP Home/Professional

Sapins 10:16 28 May 06

I have just realised that the operating system on my new laptop is listed in Everest Home Edition as XP Professional. I have XP Home on my desktop. Is there any noticeable difference between that and XP Home? For instance will some software not run on the Professional version?

Haol 10:20 28 May 06

They are practically the same. Just that XP Pro has the IIS Server and some other administrative tools that XP Home does not contain.

rawprawn 10:31 28 May 06

As far as running any software there is no difference, and Haol is right. I have had both on my computer and the difference is minimal.

Sapins 11:06 28 May 06

Tanks for your replies, I've no need to be concerned now,

Regards,

Sapins.

Stuartli 11:25 28 May 06

It depends exactly on what you require whether you choose Home or Professional.

An explanation of the differences can be found at:

click here

click here

Stuartli 22:07 28 May 06
  ade.h 22:09 28 May 06

Pro has some extra background services, some of which relate to networking. Networking is something at which it is more fully accomplished than Home, though the latter is perfectly adequate.

RobCharles1981 22:16 28 May 06

When I had my Evesham PC about 3 years ago I had XP Home Edtion Suplied with my Computer, I then brought the Pro Edtion Retail at the time last year should I revert back to home or stay as I am?

Cheers

Rob

ade.h 22:23 28 May 06

Why would you want to revert from Pro back to Home? Pro is obviously the ((slightly)) more fully-featured choice, so you'll gain nothing at all by going back.

RobCharles1981 22:30 28 May 06

Exactly I just wanted too express my view on it thats all still Pro Fits the bill perfectly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…