windows xp home/professional

DEAN-254783 17:52 10 Jun 04

i have just purchased a second hand laptop which came with xp pro on it ,my old home pc had xp home.
i have the disk for xp home with licence number. can i change the laptop to xp home just by loading it on.
the reason i want xp home is that it has microsoft word etc on it.

VoG II 17:55 10 Jun 04

Microsoft Word is not part of Windows. It is part of Microsoft Office or Works Suite.

GaT7 18:32 10 Jun 04

If you own a retail copy of MS Office (with Word as a component) you can also install it on the laptop, provided you have the original Office discs & still own the old home PC. (I think the same might apply to MS Work Suite, but I'm not entirely sure.) What do you own?

"I bought a Retail Copy of Office and installed it on my PC. Can I install it on my laptop, too?

Yes. You can install Office on your laptop as long as you are the exclusive user of the laptop. This means that you can install it on your laptop, but not your wife's laptop. It is important to understand that the EULA allows you to install the second copy of Office on a portable device like a laptop, not just some any other PC. In summary, you can install a retail copy on your desktop PC and your laptop. It does not mean that you can install it on two desktop PCs. You don't have the right to install it on two PCs. You have the right to install it on one desktop PC and one of your own laptops. Any other combination is not allowed." (Source: click here). HTH, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…