windows xp home,formating

onefoot 17:08 24 Jan 08

is it possible to format windows xp,I cant find anything in the documents

ACOLYTE 17:23 24 Jan 08

Yes it is but not from within windows,you need to boot with windows cd,and make sure cd is first boot device,then go through the process of installing and delete the partition windows is already on then format it and reinstall.

ACOLYTE 17:25 24 Jan 08

click here

click here

Explain better tham me,its not that hard to do just sounds difficult.

lotvic 17:26 24 Jan 08

windows xp is the operating system - you don't format XP

You format the Hard drive (or a partition, or a floppy disk or any other storage device connected) - which will wipe it blank of any data

What is it that you are trying to achieve as an end result?

Pineman100 17:33 24 Jan 08

Onefoot - I hope this doesn't sound patronising, but you do appreciate the full implications of what you're proposing, don't you?

If you format your hard drive, and reinstall Windows, you will have destroyed all other software and all data files that were on that drive.

Some computer manufacturers supply you with a recovery disk that will enable you to reinstall windows without destroying other files on the drive, but you need to be very clear about what you're doing, and why you're doing it.

As lotvic has said above, unless you're absolutely certain about all these things, you would be best advised to post here a very detailed description of what you want to do and why.

onefoot 16:26 30 Jan 08

I apreciate all that Pineman100 has said,and of course agree.
while I was waiting for an answer,I actually did what Acolyte had proposed,and in fact resolved my problem.
I have to thank all who answered my query.
Thank you very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac