Windows XP home. Unable to get xp restore to work.

Paul-230483 18:08 25 Nov 03

Windows xp restore will not work.
Everytime I try to run it I get the message:

System restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer and then run system restore again.

After the restart I get the same message. Does any one know how to uninstall and then re install system restore. Its an OEM windows CD with service pack 1 installed on a FAT32 partition. There is loads of room on the hard disk.

Thankyou

Paul Israel

Trackrat 18:13 25 Nov 03

Have you checked in the System restore settings to make sure the turn of system resource box is not ticked. to get to this right click my computer, left click properties, left click system restore.

open programs from start go to accessories then tools then system restore should be there
sometimes system restore is not on the help section so you have to go the other way metioned above this happens when you have used system restore & gone back 2 or 3 times

bremner 20:25 25 Nov 03

There is a known problem with system restore not working properly.

To fix it you need to switch system restore off and reboot. Then switch it backon and reboot.

It should then work ok.

gold 47 20:29 25 Nov 03

System restore in my view is useless it has never
worked for me.

bremner 20:32 25 Nov 03

IMHO System restore is one of the big pluses of XP.

It has saved me and others I know on many occasions from what would possibly have been a reformat.

If you have a specific problem with it then post the facts and maybe we can assist in retifying it.

hector 911 22:02 25 Nov 03

hmm !

I thought win XP ran ntfs ?

VoG II 22:14 25 Nov 03

XP can run either FAT32 or NTFS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…