windows xp home sound probs

beb 10:54 30 Jun 06

Just installed xp home , but when i use windows media player the sound is AWFUL , best way to describe is voice seems to talk in slow motion , music tracks play ok its just any video file (streaming or downloaded ) any help much appriciated .

Diodorus Siculus 11:32 30 Jun 06

click here
Codec Installation Packages

beb 14:55 01 Jul 06

thank you for the reply Diodorus , installed the codecs but my sound is choppy and slow , someone at work suggested it might be my onboard sound and said try a sound card , ive got a sound blaster , its rather old about 4-5 yrs old , would it be worth trying this .

Stuartli 15:05 01 Jul 06

Yes.

Install the card, reboot and then use Delete or whatever method used to get into the Bios; Disable onbord sound in the Bios, Save and Exit and the New Hardware wizard should eventually appear.

XP includes the basic drivers for the SoundBlaster and should install them via the New Hardware wizard (choose automatic Windows installation of the drivers).

beb 20:21 01 Jul 06

hi....i think my old sound card must be duff now , i installed it twice didnt get any message from windows " new hardwere found etc etc " on trying to install the drivers a message popped up " no soundblaster card detected " any one know of a cheap one as i dont want to spend a fortune if i end up with the same prob .

beb 20:14 03 Jul 06

new sound card sorted the prob .....£6 cant really grumble .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…