Windows XP Home Part No. help?!

muddle 19:30 24 Jan 03

I have a problem, The only part no. I can find on my Windows XP is X08-26271, the retailer who supplied it needs a number that starts 'N0' can anyone tell me where this is on the packaging - I can't see it anywhere!

barrie_g 19:43 24 Jan 03

is the disk OEM or boxed?

muddle 19:51 24 Jan 03

boxed, I have received the XP home Upgrade CD but the retailer is adamant they have sent me the full edition!

barrie_g 19:59 24 Jan 03

With the boxed version it will be on an orange sticker on the back of the green folder which contains the disk, it has a picture of a key above it and product key written in bold, with a bar code below it.

Joe McG 20:07 24 Jan 03

muddle, a new law calls for the serial no to be attached to the case supplied.
Unsure if this is what has happened in yours, but worth a look at all parts of your case.

jazzypop 21:21 24 Jan 03

If you click here and follow the link under 'view product key', it will tell you the current XP CD key that is installed on your PC.

muddle 21:23 24 Jan 03

I have the product key, its the Part no. that concerns me - when you order XP from any retailer it appears you have a choice of N09-00051 or N09-00052. 51 is the full edition and 52 is the upgrade edition.

However I cannot find any numbers even similar to this on the actual green folder or CD itself - everything that says it is a 'Part No.' starts 'X08-....'

The retailer has requested I confirm what the NO number on the packet is, but I can't find reference to it so I was wandering if anyone can help!! I have searched Microsoft's website but they make no reference to part numbers anywhere.

If anyone knows of a site I could type in the Part No's I have identified and tell me what product I should have then please let me know!

DieSse 21:44 24 Jan 03

Well - I can tell you this.

My own boxed, full retail XPPro has a part no. that begins X08

The copies (several) that I have of WinXP Home OEM version, have part nos. that begin N09.
These part numbers are on the sticky label that the system builder is directed to stick on the outside of the system case.

jazzypop 21:57 24 Jan 03

Hmmm - my version of XP (Home) was pre-installed by Evesham.

If you click here and look at the number that runs vertically up the left-hand side of the label, mine begins with X08

cracker23 22:00 24 Jan 03

i've just had a look at my xp home upgrade there is a part no on the back of the green folder that begins with XO8 and on top of the box that it came in there is a number that begins with NO9 dont suppose this will be much help but you never know. hope you get it sorted

muddle 08:12 25 Jan 03

Thanks so far for all your help...next question...

Have yours all come in boxes then? Mine arrived in a green folder wrapped in cellophane - no box, and no CoA. Does this indicate it might be dodgy? (My gut feeling here is yes, oh dear, I've been ripped off...)

Then again the CD itself does have all the necessary holograms and what-not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…