Windows XP Home or XP Pro?

Tweaks 12:26 16 Sep 03

which of the 2 would be a better OS to use? my pc uses are 95% gaming, 5% work. (heh like it should be.)

i am asking because i will be running autocad 2003 and i have heard that it wont install to XP home edition. (not sure if this is true)

-tweaks-

alcudia 12:30 16 Sep 03

According to this it will run on XP Home click here this is for the 2004 version.

Tweaks 12:35 16 Sep 03

ah excellent, (i do actually have AutoCAD 2004 - i miss typed earlier.)

what about the actual opperating systems themsleves... i have a cable connection and is home as secure as pro? ill be running a firewall but lets face it now days its the bugs in windows that let in malicious software / hackers / viruses.

The Sack 12:39 16 Sep 03

The Home and Pro Kernel are identical. Pro has a few advantages like multi CPU support, larger networking support, encrypted files. TBH there isnt a great deal in pro that is of use to most of the people using a PC, there features are just there fore the people that do actualy need them.

t.long 12:39 16 Sep 03

The security features of Pro might be better but they are MS 'security features' and with all the virus that have been about recently I would still opt for a non-MS fire wall - Zone Alarm - so really Pro gives you no advantage over home. I think for the average users there is nothing in Pro that you will use or need, so why spend the extra money?

I say all this but I do have Pro - but student licensing what can you say, sadly MS only sell office this way now :-(.

Tweaks 12:41 16 Sep 03

cheers guys

i recon ill save the $$$ and go with home.

Tweaks 12:55 16 Sep 03

oh one more thing - how much should i be paying for XP home (the full version NOT upgrade)

because i been looking around a bit and prices seem to vary by like 100 quid!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…