windows xp home oem --------- lost

spiritfriend 16:06 21 Sep 05

HI FOLKS
Can anyone help me i bought a time computer some 2 years ago and everything was fine then i had problems ie viruses trojans etc so i decided to reformat the entire hard disk not realising i had scrubbed the oem xp windows as well it was only when i put my reload cd in i realised what i had done is there anyway i can get it back i still have the oem serial number any help advice would be greatly appreciated
THANKS IN ADVANCE
BEST REGARDS
ROBERT.

Taff36 16:09 21 Sep 05

Borrow an OEM disk and use your Key when prompted.

ventanas 16:12 21 Sep 05

I doubt it. Normally you would rely on vendor support for this sort of thing, but your vendor doesn't exist any more. Formatting will probably have wiped the files that recognise your recovery cd, as you say. Incidentally how did you format the drive? This would normally be done with the cd, which would also restore the system at the same time.

I had a similar problem a while back when my hard drive failed. My only option was to buy a new retail copy of XP.

Taff36 22:06 21 Sep 05

Did it work then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…