windows xp home edition upgrade-printer problems

mick 47 18:26 12 Feb 03

Dear Colleagues
I have just upgraded from Windows 98SE to Windows XP.All went well until I downloaded a Windows XP driver for my HP 810C Printer.
Now all I get on bootup is a sign which states that the computer has found new hardware. Everytime I try to install this - the message comes back that the file 'HPVDJ50.INI'is missing, and needs to be installed from the Windows XP CD - I have tried to do this but with no success. I have also tried to get this file from the Internet, but again with no succcess.
Any help or advice would be welcome

Mick Cowan

beeuuem 19:05 12 Feb 03

The file that you are looking for is located on the XP CD in /1386/driver cab folder.

bremner 19:52 12 Feb 03

You should not have to download drivers for this printer as XP has them already. click here;jsessionid=2GPLKTWYT34XZQEXGR5UNZQ?reg=nam&cc=us&docName=bpd09005&lc=en

Uninstall the printer from device manager and all associated software. Reboot and let XP install the required drivers. Then install any associated software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…