Windows Xp home edition Reinstallation CD

GEEKSTA 13:08 21 Oct 06

i have bought a dell computer and with it i got a Reinstallation CD microsoft windows XP home edition SP2 and it has got a dell logo on it. Can i use this CD as many times as i want and can i use this cd on another make acept dell? I have heard that you can only use these types of dics a certain time then it expire or something???

STREETWORK 13:14 21 Oct 06

The CD is for the PC it came with, only use it if you are having problems with your PC. Do not use it on another PC as it will be unique for the one it came with...

GEEKSTA 17:40 21 Oct 06

any more ideas?

VoG II 17:47 21 Oct 06

You already have the answer.

eedcam 18:11 21 Oct 06

Just to give you an idea how protective Microsoft are.I had a motherboard changed for an upgrade no crash an organised change .I was warned it was abour 50/50 whether windows would allow the change .it did'nt so the reinstallation disc had to be used. My point you seriously did'nt think you were goimg to be able to run around installing Window Xp on any old pc?
Apologies Streetwork and VoG for elaborating on your perfectly adequate replies

GEEKSTA 20:23 22 Oct 06

but will it stop working or expire after its been used a certain amount of times??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…