Windows XP home edition back up

maund 23:07 06 Sep 04

I have been trying to use the back up facility on my office 2003 to carry out a full back up of my system. However when I click on full back up and select my D:/ drive I get an error saying, The back up file could not be used. "D:/full back up.bkf" Please ensure it is a valid path, and enure you have sufficient access. I am logged in as ADMIN. Can anyone suggest a solution please.

Regards

David

VoG II 23:12 06 Sep 04

Backup in Office is a new one on me. If you are using Windows XP the backup feature is available if you click here

As far as I know you cannot backup directly to CDROM. You have to save to hard drive then burn to CD.

Stuartli 09:24 07 Sep 04

As VoG's link indirectly points out the Backup facility in XP Home, unlike Pro, is not installed by default but is available from the installation disk.

GroupFC 09:40 07 Sep 04

It’s in the “\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP” folder on the setup CD, (assuming you have the full XP CD and not just a recovery CD!). All you have to do is click on NTBACKUP.MSI

Alternatively, you can get from click here

As VoG™ correctly points out using the in-built back-up of XP (or any earlier o/s from microsoft, for that matter, afaik), you cannot backup direct to CD.

SEASHANTY 09:47 07 Sep 04

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…