windows xp home edition

markydp 13:20 12 Apr 04

can anyone help me plz i have widows xp but i have had to reboot my pc and i can get the start button on the left hand side nor the toolbar to work as there is not anything there so the only way i can get to programs is throught the pic of my computor on the screen so if anyone knows what i need to do to put it right i would be very help full i have rebooted my pc three times and each time there is no toolbar and no start button and in my program file there is no start file and in control panel there is a pic of toolbar and if you click on it it wont even open so if you can help me many thanks mark

VoG II 13:23 12 Apr 04

Maybe the taskbar is set to autohide. Try pointing the cursor near the bottom of the screen to see if it pops up. If it does, right click, select Properties and untick Auto-hide.

tenplus1 13:24 12 Apr 04

Before WinXP starts to load, press the F8 Key a few times and go into SAFE mode... There everything should work fine and you can check all your settings and repair the damage so that you can reboot into a working Windows...

VoG II 13:32 12 Apr 04

If it's not that simple click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…