Windows XP Home Activate Firewall

lynn 15:14 16 Oct 03

How do I activate the built in Firewall in Windows XP.

VoG II 15:17 16 Oct 03

Control Panel, Network Connections

Click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want to protect, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.

On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, tick "Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet".

christmascracker 15:18 16 Oct 03

network connections, right click the connection you want to enable the firewall on, go to properties then click on the advanced tab and it's at the top

lynn 13:18 17 Oct 03

I've tried the suggested fix but am unable to bring up anything in network connection. I have tried nearly everything under Internet Options but can't find appropriate firewall there either.

Lynn

graham√ 13:31 17 Oct 03

It's in Network Connections, not Internet Options.

graham√ 13:33 17 Oct 03

The word 'Firewall' is not there. As VoG, tick the box 'Protect my computer...'

Stuartli 14:53 17 Oct 03

To activate the Internet Connection Firewall in XP, right click any Internet connection in the Network Connections folder and click Properties, which shows the properties sheets for that connection.

Click on the Advanced tab and the ICF check box comes up.

You usually only need to check the box to enable ICF, but the Settings button on the Advanced tab control how the firewall works and the kinds of applictions and services allowed.

For e-mails or general surfing nothing is required to be enabled, the rest are concerned with web servers, Remote Desktop Sharing etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…