windows xp help!

rachel84 21:14 03 May 06

hi im a sound artist doing work with laptops. Im running a program on three different laptops ( all windowsxp) which will write and erase a cd-rw continously. the program is very basic and presents a doss screen which is what I want, however in order to stop my cd-drives from over-heating im also using a wait command which gives it time to cool down. My problem is that while the computer is waiting windows is bringing up a window - files currently on disc - and showing me what has been burnt - i want the doss window of the program to always have precedence - i dont want any other window popping up in front of it. is there any way to disable this other window in my settings? or alternatively to give a command which will give precedence to one window over another? Id really appreciate some advice as my degree show is in two weeks and I still havent figured anything out! thanks!

Totally-braindead 21:21 03 May 06

I can't help with what you're asking though I'm sure someone will advise but, if its overheating laptops thats the problem you could get something like this click here a laptop cooler. Can't comment on how well they work as I don't have a laptop.

Rtus 21:53 03 May 06

look here it may help with what what you want

ttp://click here

Rtus 21:53 03 May 06

look here it may help with what what you want

click here

Rtus 22:17 03 May 06

Do back-up & save the registry before trying this...keep it somewhere handy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…