Windows XP HE Log On Screen

Jonas Berry 18:15 23 Feb 05

After a recent clean reinstallation of Windows XP HE, on booting up all I had was the Windows Welcome screen and then the desktop appeared. However today I downloaded Miscrosoft.NET Framework 1.1. On restarting the XP Log on screen appeared with a buttons with my name (as Administrator), Guest (which is off) and ASP.NET Machine A.... On installation of W XP I only entered myself as a user of my computer. Now that this interloper ASP.NET Machine A... has appeared it means that I can't wander off while the computer is booting up and come back to find my desktop there and everything ready to go.
What I would like to know is can I remove this button referring to ASP.NET etc without causing problems? The Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 program was downloaded to enable Norton Ghost 9.0 to work properly. I recall previously downloading this program as a precursor to installing a RSS reader and it had the same effect of introducing the log on screen. Never did figure out how to circumvent the damn thing!
Anyone out there can help?
Regards to all

VoG II 18:57 23 Feb 05

Use TweakUI click here to Autologon to the account that you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…