Windows XP glitches

Completealias 17:20 13 Jul 05

Ok normally when opening my computer you get the drives etc sectioned off into removeable devices, files stored on the pc and hard disk drives.

Well on one of the user accounts on a friends pc this has dissapeared and I was wondering how I could get it to return, also in the same user account if I set it to limited there files folder does not show up, even thou it has not been made private in any way.

Any ideas anyone?

Also the system file checker does not seem to work it goes through the process asks for the windows disk which I provided, have tried it with a slipstreamed sp2 disk reboot after it has finished and then rerun to check and it asks for the disk again, this has happened a number of times, any ideas?

Cheers

VoG II 17:24 13 Jul 05
  VoG II 17:31 13 Jul 05

In My Computer, View | Arrange Icons By> and tick Show in Groups.

Completealias 17:40 13 Jul 05

Thanks for that Vog have been reading through the link and will give that a go and set the view setting back when i'm there later.

Any ideas with the my documents folder, if I leave the account as admin the users docs show up in my computer but when I set it to a limited account they are not there and you have to go through c:\docs n settings

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…