Windows XP freesing why?

mtall 20:05 29 Nov 04

Hi everyone. My system hang-up soon after start up 1/3 minutes. I have cahnged the memory the graphic card seem to be working ok and I don't think it is anything to do with the CPU. I remember reading in pcadvisor about how a certain value appear/change in XP registly and couses this problem. there was also advise about how to deal with this problem unfortunately, I don't remember which issue of Pcadvisor.
can someone help please!! I am really desparate.

thanks

mtall

stalion 20:56 29 Nov 04

have you tried system restore?

mtall 23:29 29 Nov 04

Hi Stalion yes i did b4 but now you don't get that chance as the system doesn't last long enough for me to do anything. strange but true. on Saterday it did work without any problem for a half the day all night. I tried stch it of just to find out if what i had done has worked. when i restarted the pc, i was now back to square one. up now it only last about a minute and the hang up.

mtall

mtall 19:48 07 Dec 04

Thanks to all of you who took interest in the problem i was have with Win XP. I am glad to inform you that finally i managed to edit and clean the registry which fixed the problem.

thanks again

mtall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…