Windows XP files

Kuching 22:05 05 Dec 10

To write/read Chinese characters, I need to download some language files from a Windows XP CD, which I do not seem to have. The two CDs that came with my PC and laptop, called Recovery CD-ROMs, should have Windows XP software, but do not seem to have the necessary files. I do not know why. Can anyone please enlighten me on this and also advise me as to how I can get round this problem?

stormrider123 22:08 05 Dec 10

Have u tried microsft download center thats the first place i go when i need files

wolfie3000 23:08 05 Dec 10

Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.

On the Languages tab, under Supplemental language support, select the Install files for East Asian languages check box.

Click OK or Apply.

You will prompted to insert the Windows CD-ROM or point to a network location where the files are located.

After the files are installed, you must restart your computer.

Kuching 11:44 06 Dec 10

Thank you, wolfie3000, but they could not find the files in my Recovery CD-ROM, nor did they point me to a network location where the files are located.

Thank you also to you, stormrider123. I found the files in MS Download Centre but they could not validate my Windows XP to download the files, saying that the validation software was not up-to-date. I am trying to find out how to update the software they mentioned.

MAT ALAN 15:38 06 Dec 10

click here
shows where
click here
shows how

Hope it helps...

Kuching 21:38 07 Dec 10

Thank you, MAT ALAN. The 'click here shows how' does not work for me because the language files are not on my Recovery CD-ROM. But the 'click here shows where' is a good alternative and I shall look into using the Google IME for writing/reading Chinese characters. Much obliged.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple