Windows XP feature: user comment

PC Advisor. 11:14 14 Mar 03

Hi folks,

Sorry to post in here. I know that we, of all people, should respect the sanctity of the Helproom - a forum devoted purely resolving PC-related queries.

But we're urgently in need of user comment for a feature we're putting together on the pros and cons of the Remote Assistance features in Windows XP. We'd be interested in hearing from users both at the giving and the receiving end of RA.

If you’d like to add your five bob’s worth please click here

Thanks a million everyone and have a wonderful weekend.

PC Advisor. 12:00 14 Mar 03

Refresh

€dstow 12:03 14 Mar 03

I think the poor response here and in ConsumerWatch illustrates the lack of enthusiasm for this facility.

€d

dawnyworld 12:22 14 Mar 03

havent used remote assistant but did try to use online support and was told because it was an oem copy i had to contact pc vendor , but as i built the pc myself this isnt very helpful not happy after paying £130

graham 12:29 14 Mar 03

I have experienced my company's laptop being 'taken over' by their helpdesk, fascinating to watch. So it's useful in those circumstances, but my ISP helpdesk won't use it as they fear being liable for any damage caused.

Andÿ 12:38 14 Mar 03

I have never used it although on some occasions I suppose I could have.

I would rather (even if it means travelling) have the PC in front of me where you can see/hear/feel the hardware as well as accessing Windows XP.

I also feel people are wary of letting others access their PC and have visions of you routing around unnecessarily and in effect 'hacking' them. I don't think PC users are very trusting as a whole (especially where Windows is involved).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…