Windows XP fatal error

Al94 01:01 26 Aug 05

Trying to sort out wife's emachine running XP Home. It becane unstable, regular crashes and fatal error messages. Tried all sorts, then decided to use restore discs as I thought a clear out would do no harm. In final stages of install and installing SP2, It is still crashing - just a click and reboot. I have it back to a bare windows installation but think there must be a hardware problem. After disabling automatic restart get the BSOD with message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
***stop: 0X0000000A(0X00000000,0X00000002,0X00000001,0X80500C9F)
This indicate anything specific?
In the past few weeks memory was upgraded, will try taking out new module and replacing original. PC seemed to be working fine afterwards untill past few days.Also 2/3 months ago, DVD writer added, could it be a power supply problem?

ventanas 08:32 26 Aug 05

Almost certainly an offending piece of hardware click here for quite a few explanations. But further down on the left hand side there will be two lines, one begining with the word STOP, and one below it that will hopefully start with the offending item, probably with the .sys extension. If so you have hopefully nailed the culprit.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:10 26 Aug 05

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
click here

Al94 16:15 26 Aug 05

Thanks for the links guys, I am fairly sure that it is a fault in a Ram module put in a few weeks ago - I took it out, put back original smaller module and have been rebuilding software today with no crashes so far (fingers crossed!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…