Windows XP 'F4 button' activate?

Silly Me 13:40 02 Jan 04

When I press F4 in Windows 2000 (at work)it repeats my last action. I am working from home in a Word document created in windows 2000 but now working in Windows XP and the F4 button doesn't respond as a repreat last function option. I have tried updating this command in my toolbox but have got nowhere - any ideas - this will greatly speed up my work.

LeadingMNMs 15:29 02 Jan 04

What office version were and are you using ?

Silly Me 16:23 02 Jan 04

I thought it was Office 2000 at work and Office XP. If this is nonsense how do I find out which office version I am using now? I have looked at the shortcut commands and it shows Shift F4 as the find/repeat function but it only does a find function.

anchor 16:31 02 Jan 04

To find out the version of Word that you are using; open a document, then click Help, select "about Microsoft Office Word", and you will see the version displayed.

I have Word 2003, and when I press F4, it repeats my last action.

Silly Me 17:06 02 Jan 04

It is Office 2002. The F4 button repeats my last action only if it is a 'typed' action. What I am doing is adjusting the font height in a table with several columns. Normally I can use F4 to repeat this function but all it does is remember my last 'copy' function. This is slowing me down considerably. Thanks for any help you give.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…