Windows XP and epson printer

leadwellie 17:29 29 Oct 03

I wish to upgrade from 98SE to XP professional,
the problem being that the epson printer I have is an Stylus colour 600 and I understand that there are no drivers for this printer that are compatible with XP. I also understand that while the printer my work with XP I will lose some of the funtionallity like ink levels head cleaning etc. Even windows 2000 driver is unlikely to help.
Can anyone out there help? I would like to avoid having to buy another printer if poss.
Many thanks.

sicknote 17:36 29 Oct 03

Epson printers work fine with XP drivers,you only lose the use of seeing the ink levels,everything else works,cleaning,etc

bruno 17:41 29 Oct 03

I have the colour 880 and everything works fine on it on XP Pro,even the ink levels.It may be different to yours though.

spargo 17:46 29 Oct 03

I have the 600 also. It works fine on XP, the only thing missing are the ink levels, Head Cleaning etc works fine.

birkdalite 18:12 29 Oct 03

leadwellie are sure you have loaded "status monitor" which the part of the installation software? this is the part that shows ink usage etc.

birkdalite 18:17 29 Oct 03

leadwellie also try the compatability file on on XP. I have had complete success with two Epson printers on XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…