Windows XP, Episode 2: Attack of the stop error

Fateful Shadow 16:22 14 Jun 03

Me again :P

I followed VoG (?, ©, ®, whatever it is now!) 's advice on disallowing XP to restart when an error is encountered. I even installed all the new drivers Windows recommended.

However, I went back onto Shockwave today, went to the same game, got to the same part...and lo and behold, up comes the error.

I noted down that it was a problem with:

ati3d1ag.dll

There was also a load of numbers, e.g. 0x00000000 but I don't know if that will come in any use. I sent another error report to Microsoft, but they still have no idea what the problem is.

Any ideas?

Jester2K II 16:25 14 Jun 03

Ati3d1ag.dll sounds like your graphcis drivers??

ATi Card?? Are the driver up to date??

Jester2K II 16:26 14 Jun 03

Whats the PC make model and spec??

Fateful Shadow 16:27 14 Jun 03

Thanks for the advice Jester.

Following up on VoG's point, why doesn't this site support the 'TM' sign being shown?!

barrie_g 16:30 14 Jun 03

looks as though it may be your graphics card drivers, that is if you have a ATI graphics card,

i.e. your problem is with ati3dag.dll - ATI-3D-1ag.dll no idea about the last part sorry but this may start you on your way to a fix for your problem.

Jester2K II 16:32 14 Jun 03

From what i can find if you have an ATi G Card then new drivers will be the answer. However i can't tell you which ones are the latest as i use NVidia based card...

Someone else will

Test
?
?
?
?
Test/

Jester2K II 16:33 14 Jun 03

Hmm TM becomes ?

Fateful Shadow 16:34 14 Jun 03

I've just found the ATI thingy everyone is on about.

I went to update the driver, but Windows can't find anything.

What should I do now?

Jester2K II 16:36 14 Jun 03

Someone here will know about ATi Drivers. Post the model card you are using and someone will guide you to a download and instructions....

If not shout...

Jester2K II 16:38 14 Jun 03

... if you know the model this page will help...

click here

Fateful Shadow 16:46 14 Jun 03

All that I know is that it says

ATI Mobility Radeon Graphics card

I've been to the website and they say they cannot give out drivers to laptops due to 'customisations'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…