Windows XP (DWWin.Exe) Shutdown Problem

Nic 21:45 24 Aug 03

Every time I attempt to shut down Windows XP, the following message is displayed.

DWWIN.EXE
The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

Pressing OK clears the message but fails to close Windows. I am aware that the file is Dr Watson but cannot clear the message.

Does anyone else have a similar problem and, if so, how did they clear it?

mark500 22:32 24 Aug 03

This file belongs to Dr. Watson - a program that is part of windows that monitors application crashes. Try typing 'sfc /scannow' from the Start->run box and hitting enter. You may need operating system disk but it should fix your error!

Nic 22:24 25 Aug 03

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark500. Tried the sfc/scannow approach as you suggested but the problem still persists. I have not run this job before and it appears to just disappear when the progress bar gets to the end. Is there another part to this task, or do you have any other suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…