Windows XP Drive Reformat & Installation

Due to multiple issues I have decided to reformat my hard drive & do a clean install of Windows XP (user files etc all backed up).
I can't get PC to re-format hard drive. MS Knowledge Base 255867 advises using the Windows XP disk & that BIOS may need to be altered to read from the CD. I have altered to read from CD for all three boot options, but when re-starting PC with XP in CD drive PC still loads normally ie not from the CD. Help!

JIM 13:51 11 Oct 03

When you load XP disk and you say PC still loads normally, do you not have as the first option in the list,WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO,followed by------
Install Windows XP? Which you would clck on to follow.

The above is what i would exspect to see,as normal.

Keith 14:18 11 Oct 03

If you have an emergency boot floppy disk you could boot from that and then run "a:\format c:".

If you get the option to boot with CD support, go for it. Then when you have completed the format, just type "d:" to change to the CD(assuming that's your CD drive) and (with the XP CD in the drive) type "d:\setup".

You should then be on your way! Keith

ollie < one> 16:26 11 Oct 03

\

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…