Windows XP downloads

honeysuckle 13:29 07 Jul 04

I am unable to get online after downloading windows updates. I am on a dial up connection and during download of 2 drivers the connection failed. I couldn,t reconnect and the computer went down there was a message saying that it had recovered from a serious system failure or words to that effect. After this I carried on dwloading updates with no apparant difficulties until I downloaded a directX update when the connection failed again during download. Since this happened I cannot get past the home page of any site I try to access can someone advice me what to do. If I have to go back to factory settings I will lose more than 2 years of updates and will still have the same problem of getting cut off during downloads. Can someone advise me on this problem or alternatively tell me how to get the 2 years worth of downloads from microsoft on discs.
P.S I am using my sisters computer to post this mesage for obvious reasons. One of the drivers was a modem update.

rev.bem 14:15 07 Jul 04

Remove the updated modem driver.In XP
Right click my computer,click properties,click hardware and select device manager,find tour modem and double click,select the driver tab and click on roll back driver then avoid windows update drivers like tne plague.

A windows update disc is available here

click here

rev.bem 14:17 07 Jul 04

tour modem
=your modem :-))

SANTOS7 14:18 07 Jul 04

click here if your looking for xp updates this will help

honeysuckle 17:32 07 Jul 04

i followed rev.bem's advice now i am getting a message that my modem is not present

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…