windows xp desktop trouble

wobblymike 11:04 29 Feb 04

can anyone help me?

following advice given in PC Answers, I disabled a number of unneccessary servics in order to speed up my PC. That process worked and it does now start up noticeably quicker, however I have lost my XP style taskbar it is now a normal uninteresting task bar. I liked the XP style and want to get it back. I have reenabled all the services I disabled but it made no difference. Can anyone advise me what to do next.

Mike

oakwood 11:13 29 Feb 04

Try this
Open Control Panel - Display - Appearance.
Under "Windows & Buttons" instead of "Windows Classic Style" select "Windows XP Style" from the drop down menu.
Hope this helps!

wobblymike 11:17 29 Feb 04

Oakwood

Thanks tried your suggestion, Windows Classic is the only option I have in that box

Mike

oakwood 11:26 29 Feb 04

Try

Control Panel - Display

Under "Theme"

Select "Windows XP" from the drop down menu.

Hope this gives you more luck!

wobblymike 11:32 29 Feb 04

Oakwood

Thanks very much for your help, your first suggestion gave me an idea, I went into services and reset Theme from manual to automatic, rebooted mybPC and bingo my task bar was back - I have now carried out your second suggestion and WIndows XP was in it as an option (it wasn't there before) my task bar is restored to full functionality and you sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

Rgds

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…