Windows XP desktop

Templar1961 15:08 23 Apr 03

I have inadvertently replaced my original desktop with Internet Explorer Wallpaper - where can I find the original desktop?

Please note I have looked in Display Properties > Desktop and it isn't there!

Djohn 15:59 23 Apr 03

Try, right click on desktop, then properties, and themes. Choose "Win.XP" and then click on the desktop tab and see if the title "Bliss" is there, if it is, then that's the one you want. J.

Templar1961 18:50 23 Apr 03

Thanks Djohn but that’s not the one I was looking for - I wanted to restore the Packard Bell desktop I originally had, but I can't see it.

bruno 18:56 23 Apr 03

Can you not use a restore point before you made the changes?

Big Elf 19:06 23 Apr 03

The file will be stored somewhere on your hard disk and the Browse option from within Properties, Display would allow you to set it up again. The problem seems to be locating it. Try searching the drive for Packard, Bell etc. Failing that search for *.bmp or *.jpg. This will find a lot of files but changing the view to 'Thumbnails' will help track it down.

Templar1961 22:29 23 Apr 03

I found Desk01 using your search tips Big Elf and restored it.

I didn't want to use system restore for something so trivial bruno, but thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…