Windows XP on desktop ?

tonyx1302 17:32 01 Jan 06

All of a sudden I have noticed that behind some of my d/top icons(on the bottom right above the clock ),the words 'Windows XP Home Edition
Build 2600.xpsp-sp2-gdr.050301- 1519 (Service Pack 2)' have suddenly appeared. They haven't been there before and only seem to have arrived since I re-installed Windows Work Suite (Word etc).

I wouldn't have noticed it but I was trying to do a complete backup using Nero. The backup runs for a few seconds then I get a list of yellow exclamation marks telling me that Errors occurred for various reasons....unable to compress files,system 32 is opened and in shared mode etc. I have checked to find out why I cannot do a backup when I made the discovery.

I have tried the usual, restore etc but its still there and I still cannot do a backup.

Very grateful for any help

Tony

VoG II 17:41 01 Jan 06
  tonyx1302 17:58 01 Jan 06

Your recommended 'Click here' worked and got rid of the wordind and I thought that was the reason I cannot back up successfully. I have just tried to backup again but I still get lots yellow ! marks telling me 'system 32 wbm Repository is opened and in shared mode along with other shared files. Sorry to be vague but I am trying to describe uan unknow to me area.

Tony

VoG II 18:11 01 Jan 06

I'm afraid I don't know what is causing your backup error. You might get a better response if you tick this thread and start a new one titled 'Nero backup failure' or similar. It would help if you could quote the exact error messages, or at least some of them.

tonyx1302 18:36 01 Jan 06

VoG. Will do as you suggest and try a new post tomorrow.

Thanks again VoG

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…