Windows XP desktop

Yorkie 21:51 02 Apr 04

I have set a favorite photograph as my desktop but it keeps on changing back to the blue screen on it's own. I can restore it and it will be OK for a while then change again.

I am using a Pentium 4 processor with windows XP Pro.

Any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 22:05 02 Apr 04

How have you set it? I find that opening the picture with irfanview and selecting it as desktop works ok.

COUCHER 01:58 03 Apr 04

There are as usual several ways of installing a pic as desktop wallpaper. Depending on which pic viewer you use most of them have a facility to set the pic you are viewing as wallpaper. Or you can right click on the desktop and click properties then on the desktop tab. Brows for the pic you want and set as wallpaper. You don't say how you are setting it but these should stay there until you change them. Don't know if this is any use but good luck Dan

COUCHER 02:02 03 Apr 04

By the way I'm on XP Pro and use AC-Dsee viewerwhich allows you toset as wallpaper the pic you are viewing drop-down TOOLS menu

ened 07:03 03 Apr 04

Like Diodorus Siculus

I use Irfanview and have never had a problem.

Could someone please remind me how to kill all the Desktop icons in XP. I know it is very simple but I can't remember.

bremner 07:09 03 Apr 04

Right click on the desktop - choose Arrange Icons - Remove the tick from 'Show Desktop Icons'

ened 07:50 03 Apr 04

Cheers bremner

I have looked everywhere but there!!!!

I always just automatically click on 'properties'

Yorkie 15:51 03 Apr 04

I have set the picture by using the properties dialogue and then selecting the picture from my pictures file, then set it as my desktop wallpaper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac