Windows XP Crit Update KB828741 constant update

Dave911 07:50 25 May 04

As I still on a dial up connection (broadband probably in the next centuary up here!!) I use automatic update for windows XP. I have noticed recently that teh update KB828741 keeps downloading over and over again. I think I must be up to about 10 times now, it actually downloaded it twice in one day.
I believe that it is an update to do with the sasser worm virus and I would have thought that to download once should be sufficient.
Anyone else having the same problem and if so is there a way to tell it to stop - or is download different.

Cheers
Dave911

GaT7 22:04 27 May 04

May be it didn't install correctly the first time round.

First, try uninstalling it from Add/remove programs. Reboot your PC & reinstall thro' Win update. If that's not possible try the following...

Download it to your hard disk first & double-click on the saved file to install. To d'load KB828741 for WinXP - click here. If the install seems successful (no error messages) reboot your PC, go to the Win update site & scan for updates to see if this update is re-offered. Good luck, G

steve0 23:01 27 May 04

Had similar problem a while ago - see here:click here

Dave911 09:06 19 Jun 04

Go to help and support and click on get support, post your problem to MS and you will get a result. Took several downloads but I no longer have the problem.

Thanks to Allan from MS for solving it!!

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5