Windows XP creqting installation discs

wonderwill 21:20 17 Aug 05

I have bought a really cheap second PC with Windows 98 on it. Can I create installation discs from my pre installed (Evesham) XP Home PC?

Completealias 21:22 17 Aug 05

Do you mean can you create an XP disk from your pc? If so yes it is possible if you have a folder called I386 on your hard drive.

But if you want this disk so you can then install it on the other Pc you won't be able to because you don't have a license for the other machine you won't be able to activate it.

VoG II 21:23 17 Aug 05

If you want the XP setup disks click here

Otherwise click here

Taff36 21:54 17 Aug 05

As above, you can create XP discs but you will not be able to put XP on your secondhand Win98 computer (legally). Stick with what`s on there. Run Belarc Advisor click here and print off the results. Now streamline the donated PC and keep it as intended - a freebie. I "refurbish" these PC`s all the time and once cleaned of previous history pass them on to someone else who can use them. Post back if you want to do the same - it is very good experience!

Batch 09:18 18 Aug 05

Would the old PC be up to running WinXP anyhow? Does it have enough memory / CPU power?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…