WINDOWS XP CONTINUOUSLY RESTARTING

Frogger 08:27 28 Sep 04

My Evesham PC goes through the Windows XP startup routine, reaches the screen where the user accounts are displayed and then clicks off an goes through the Windows XP startup routine repeatedly. All I can do is switch the machine off.

Can you tell me how to resolve this? Are there files which need repair? If so, do I insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM or the XP Service Pack 1 CD ROM to do this.

I have not yet managed to start the machine in Safe Mode (supposedly by pressing the F8 button)!

Diodorus Siculus 08:45 28 Sep 04

How old is it? If it has never booted, then return to Evesham.

If you think it is a user fault, the Product Recovery CD-ROM will put it back as it was when you got it but you will likely lose all data on it. Do you have a current backup?

temp003 09:47 28 Sep 04

Try Safe Mode again. Immediately after POST, press F8 repeatedly until you get a menu. If that does not work, try again with F7.

Carafaraday 11:37 28 Sep 04

If your processor is AMD64 and you have SP2 installed you may have a problem. You can see other posts on the subject on the SP2 forum....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…