Windows XP and Clipboard

Tikka 14:04 15 Oct 03

Is there a clipboard viewer in XP as there was in W98.

Taff36 14:17 15 Oct 03

Yes - but I`m not sure if it is exactly the same. The viewer is in any of the Office XP programs e.g.Word. On the EDIT menu select OFFICE CLIPBOARD.

Note: I`m not sure that the clipboard Viewer is a Windows XP feature. It would appear to be an Office feature.

leo49 14:23 15 Oct 03

Look in Control Panel/Add Remove Windows Components/Accessories and Utilities/Accessories

It lives in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\clipbrd.exe

spikeychris 14:34 15 Oct 03

You have to add Clip viewer to XP.

To install the ClipBoard Viewer, right-click Start, select Properties, select Classic Start Menu, Customize, Add, Browse, C: drive, expand the tree by clicking the plus signs to Windows, System32, select clipbrd (or clipbrd.exe, depending on your folder View settings), OK, Next >, select Accessories (or wherever you want it), Next >, enter ClipBook Viewer in the text box below where it says Type a name for this shortcut, (should do it for you) Finish,

graham√ 14:59 15 Oct 03

I've got mine in the Start window, I'm sure I followed an earlier response from you. It was when I asked how much data could the mouse hold when copying and pasting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…