Windows XP CD Writing Wizard.

Chattyone 10:58 18 Jul 03

Reading page 108 of the September issue it says that when you insert a blank CD it will automatically open the Wizard. On my computer it opens Windows Media Player. I have searched for the Wizard File without success.

Question how do I find the CD Writing Wizard?

mdshamilton 11:00 18 Jul 03

I found the wizard who copying files from the PC to a blank disk...the wizard asks where you want to copy them to.

-pops- 11:03 18 Jul 03

Do you have other CD burning software installed (Nero or ECCD or similar)? I found in one of my machines that the native XP CD burner is over-ridden by other burning software, in this instance Nero, and does not open automatically.

If you do have independent burning software, can I suggest that you use that instead. The one installed with XP is, shall we say, basic.

Brian

graham√ 11:12 18 Jul 03

Go My Computer, select the CD Writer, click 'Copy these files to CD'.

graham√ 11:15 18 Jul 03

Sorry, 'Write' not copy. It will tell you how to do it.

seancblack 11:18 18 Jul 03

suggest you use nero and forget the XP wizard, -pops- was right and being very generous when he said it was basic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…