//some 3rd party need geo

Windows XP cd not recording

enait 00:09 03 Dec 05

I have a problem getting more frequent, I load photos/documents into folder on desktop where I transfer to cd using XP. Nine times out of ten recently it says to insert disc when there is one in the drive. Have uninstalled disc driver and reinstalled, usually this gets the cd writing for a couple of sessions. When I turn off and come back to writing to cd inevitably have to do the uninstall/ reinstall again. Reads and writes in Nero, however I have lots of discs which I want to add to and Nero takes over altering the format of the disc. I initially thought it was a hardware problem, however Pc service said not. I have tried system restore to various points, no change. Any ideas a part from Pc service call suggestion of wiping everything and reinsalling!!! The computer is three years old.

Skills 01:15 03 Dec 05

You could try doing a repair of XP to start with at the run prompt type sfc /scannow and have your xp disk to hand. This will check windows files and replace any corrupt ones.

Have you always had nero and xp burning working ok together? Have you just added nero to the system recently as it could be a clash between them thats causing the problem.

You might get more help with this problem if you post it in the helproom and tick this one.

Forum Editor 08:50 03 Dec 05

and I'll move it there now.

enait 21:21 03 Dec 05

Thank you for the feedback, did a bit of searching and found the answer on Microsoft XP help. Downloaded Autoplay Repair Wizard and got full functions back to writable drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…