//some 3rd party need geo

windows xp cd

tupacfan911 21:47 27 Aug 04

does any one no where i can get the cheapest UNUSED windows xp cd? also can i install it if i only have 64 mb RAM? finally, can you use a windows 2000 cd more than once on different computers? when i ask that question, i don't mean legally. I just want to know it it makes you register a unique cd key online. thanks

VoG II 21:50 27 Aug 04

XP on 54 MB RAM will struggle. Not worth doing.

Cannot advise on possibilities that might be illegal (site rules).

tupacfan911 21:57 27 Aug 04

i plan to upgrade from 64 mb if ui succesfully install windows xp. forget the illegal part. im just a kid with no money and i want a cheap windows xp upgrade cd

bretsky 22:45 27 Aug 04

You really need 128mb ram for XP, and even then you will be struggling if you have sp1....256mb is your safest bet to get the minimum best performance out of XP graphics etc etc.

I know you are strapped for cash but I'm trying to be realistic.

Good luck..............bretsky ;0)

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 08:40 28 Aug 04

if you have a windows 2000 cd,then have a shot at installing xp.but then you might loose all your files!.so back em up!.then if it is too slow or fails then you can revert.if i remember correctly:windows xp syst requirements:intel p233mhz,64mb,1.4GB typical installation.im not sure if this is correct?.ask someone more expeirenced.but SP2 can run on these requirements so no doubt win xp will.HTH.ben

spuds 11:51 28 Aug 04

For one of the cheapest 'Legal' Xp cd's click here In search, use the following QuickFind numbers.. XP Home with SP1 oem [50264] XP Home with SP2 oem [66489] Xp Pro with SP2 oem [66490 and/or 66481]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…