Windows XP camera recognition.

cearve 17:00 10 Dec 05

I am running Windows XP Pro with SP2 installed. I have a simple digital camera which worked fine with XP until I recently formated the hardisk and reinstalled XP. The memory in the camera is recognised normally as an added external drive, "E". Since the reinstallation of XP the camera is not recognised. Is there other setting I need to make? What could be wrong?

LAP 17:16 10 Dec 05

Any software with the camera?

cearve 17:19 10 Dec 05

Yes there is software but it suggests its only needed for use with Windows 98.

LAP 14:55 11 Dec 05

Have you had the camera switched on then the computer to see if it recognises it?

If not back to the top ^bump^

woodchip 14:56 11 Dec 05

Have you loaded SP2 yet as added USB support is in that

cearve 15:25 11 Dec 05

This is very strange really. SP2 has been loaded. The computer recognises another camera and pen/flash drives. I have tried the offending camera in another computer and it is then recognised there. Perhaps I need to format and reinstall XP again.

woodchip 15:42 11 Dec 05

It may be the cable is faulty

cearve 16:02 11 Dec 05

Thanks woodchip, but that option has been checked too.

woodchip 16:06 11 Dec 05

Try running from Run box SFC /SCANNOW with the XP CD in comp if it says wrong disc keep pressing OK it will go to the end

LAP 16:07 11 Dec 05

'This is very strange really.' Can you reformat the cameras memory card/stick and start again? Worth a try!

woodchip 16:07 11 Dec 05

Try running from Run box SFC /SCANNOW with the XP CD in comp if it says wrong disc keep pressing OK it will go to the end

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…