Windows XP and BT Broadband

otubby1 00:13 01 May 03

Is there anybody out there that has upgraded from ME to XP with a BT Broadband modem?I've tried it on several occassions and each time, the only thing that doesn't work is my modem. I went through the process to re-install it as instructed via the help line and it worked the first time, but the connection was so poor that I reverted to ME. The next time it didn't work! I tried but couldn't find a better driver for it, any ideas?

powerless 07:09 01 May 03

If it's the Alcatel speedtouch modem click here for the 2.0.1 driver.

You can try a Clean install of XP. This will just install XP and will ask you for your ME CD to allow the install to finish.

The upgrading to XP maybe be causing the problem, then again it may not.

Also the chipset drivers for your motherboard, try updating them as well.

otubby1 21:20 01 May 03

Cheers Powerless, I think you could be right about the clean install. Somebody else mentioned the same thing today about having trouble with the upgrade. I don't think it's the Alcatel by the way, all I can find about it, is it's a BT Voyager USB ASDL modem, if that means anything to you?

Granger 14:51 02 May 03

This isn't much help, but I have BT broadband with XP, and they gave me an Intel AnyPoint DSL Modem. This works fine, though I sometimes see errors in the Event Viewer that never actually affect me.

chuds 15:32 02 May 03

I have BT Voyager USB ADSL and it works fine on XP upgraded from WIN98SE and also clean install of XP. Sorry XP Pro.

Think Powerless advice is best try clean install, there is no problem with the drivers supplied by BT.

otubby1 15:12 03 May 03

Thanks all. The clean install works a treat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…