Windows XP and Broadband Installation

Cecil1 20:31 21 Feb 04

Hello -

Two questions please.

(1) I've successfully connected BT broadband to my 'section' of our computer running Home XP but how on earth can I make each of the family's separate 'sections' connected too? Is there are quick way or do I have to run the installation disc on each?

(2) Every time I try to log on to the Broadbandstart site I'm told I require Flash 7. I've tried and tried to download this but nothing happens. I've studied the Macromedia web site and taken its advice by uninstalling all Macromedia stuff and reinstalling but with no success. What am I not doing correctly please or is there another way to access the BT broadband start site?

Steven Corbett

thisisnighthawk 20:40 21 Feb 04

if i follow you rightly, the only way you can get more than one PC onto BB is by networking all the others..

Is there one computer with different users?

Is this the Broadbandstart site click here

Cecil1 21:51 21 Feb 04

No, Thisisnighthawk, I don't mean four separate computers. Each of the four of us has our own user name and user settings on XP. However, when I set-up broadband, the settings didn't 'transfer' to the other users properly, therefore they can't dial up from their settings but have to open the computer in my name and use my page and settings.

Dipso 22:50 21 Feb 04

Did you set up the connection using the New connection wizard or just used the set up CD?

If you set up manually, during the set up process it asks you to whether you want to "Use this account name and password when anyone connects to the internet from this computer" which you would have to tick and also "Make this the default internet connection". Maybe the installation disc doesn't account for multiple user accounts?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…