Windows XP Boot Up Problem

tburchell 09:04 22 Jan 09

I wonder if anyone can assist with my problem? I am running a desktop PC with Windows XP Home Edition. I am finding that on “start up” the PC freezes at the "Welcome" screen and wont progress any further. To get over this I need to re-boot again and then it does progress to the desktop. This doesn’t happen every time but I have noticed it on quite a few occasions. Any ideas what could be causing this and how it could be solved? Many Thanks Tim.

rawprawn 09:14 22 Jan 09

It sounds as though it's a possible Hard drive problem, Make sure that you have all your data backed up, and then run chkdsk
click here
(Better Safe than sorry)

Pamy 09:18 22 Jan 09

It may just be waiting for you to tell it to move on. Sometimes mine does this at a number of stages of bootup and I press the space bar(any key) and it moves on to the next stage. Next time I boot up all is normal for awhile. I think it is a sign of a warn HDD so keep your backups up to date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…