Windows XP boot disc

NFU 17:06 13 Jun 03

Is it possible to make some kind of Windows XP Home start up disc when I only have a recovery disc supplied by Evesham when I bought the PC.
So often I read in PC Advisor about making emergency boot discs and making back up files. I used to do this with W98, but so far I am stumped by XP.
I regularly make manual restore points as XP only does this once a month if left to it's own devices.
Any help appreciated :-)

AndySD 17:17 13 Jun 03

click here for the boot disks

powerless 19:31 13 Jun 03

The restore disc from evesham, that i have is actually a full copy of XP.

You need to set the computer to boot from the XP CD. You can do this by entering the computers BIOS and changing the first boot device to CD.

No need for floppies.

Andybear 19:41 13 Jun 03

If you want to make a Windows start up floppy, go into My Computer. Put a clean floppy in your floppy drive. Right click your floppy drive. Select 'format' and tick 'create an msdos start up disc'

NFU 15:25 16 Jun 03

Just a quick note to thank you for your help and suggestions. I do appreciate it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…