Windows XP and Bluetooth

pukka7773 12:21 03 Dec 04

Hello can anyone help me? I seem to be experiencing problems in setting up my bluetooth dongle. I have installed all the software and paired up the devices with no problems, I have even managed to send a file from the phone to the computer but cannot get the computer to send to the phone. I have a Sony-Ericsson S700i phone and a Plantronics headset and also a Belkin Bluetooth Dongle. I have searched around on Google and there seems to be a common thing here since SP2, does anyone know of a patch or where I might be going wrong???

buscrew 13:29 03 Dec 04

but I have the same phone and dongle, and since installing SP2 I have exactly the same problem as you. I will monitor this thread with interest.

pukka7773 14:15 03 Dec 04

Buscrew, if you find out how to resolve, please let me know. It has been suggested that the problem is because Win XP sets up a driver as well as the Belkin one. Also someone has suggested that instead of setting the phone up to find the computer, uninstal and do it the other way around - i.e. the computer to find the phone. I set it up on Windows 200 Pro today at work and it works just fine. I think it might be a fault with SP2 are you using that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…