Windows XP Backup problems.

Daibus 10:05 17 Sep 04

When I go into Windows XP Backup, select "Back up files and settings" then after ticking the files I wish to back up, I have the destination window displayed.

Floppy(A:)is shown but when I click on Browse the only other alternate destination is "Documents and Settings /Desktop" but when I proceed with this option the display says "Status Failed" and I cannot go any further.

Is it possible to back up directly to CD/R with this programme and where in Windows XP can I get information on Backup.

Many thanks.

Sgt. Pepper 10:32 17 Sep 04

It is possible to backup to CD-R using the windows backup facility, but if you are not to sure about how to go about that a third party software such as nero will allow for all your back up and burning needs.

Daibus 10:42 17 Sep 04

Sgt. Pepper

Thank you for your answer regarding CD/R, but can you copy direct to the Desktop from Backup as the only other alternative is to Floppy, which is not very satisfactory?

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…