Windows XP arranging icons in My Computer

Gary 18:47 22 Aug 03

I'm running XP Pro and in My Computer the icons used to be sorted into groups: Removable Media Drives, Network Drives, Local Hard Drives etc., but have recently all started to be displayed ungrouped, just as icons in My Computer. I have tried to restore this useful grouping by going to View | Arrange Icons By... | Show In Groups, but whilst this adds groups, it makes one group for each drive letter I have - so I get an A group with the A: drive in, a C group with my first Hard Drive In, a D group with my second hard drive in etc.

Can anyone tell me how to restore the original groups?

Rayuk 18:56 22 Aug 03

Do you have it as Type in the 1st part of the options

rawprawn 19:00 22 Aug 03

My computer/ View/ arrange icons by--- take your pick/ name/type Is what I think you want leave show in groups ticked

Gary 12:03 23 Aug 03

I have now resolved this issue following your suggestions. Whilst I had the option to group the icons selected, they were also set to be sorted by name which is why I was getting a group for each drive letter! All I had to do was select the Type setting in the first half of the settings and everything was back to normal.

Thanks for your help,

Gary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…