windows xp administrator accounts

shep666 23:56 24 Apr 03

I have windows xphome edition. I am presently unable to access some of the intems in the control panel namely help and support and user accounts.

I am down as an administrator but notice that there is another administrator account set up under the user name administrator. Is this likley to be causing the problem and can I safely delete the other adminstrator account just leaving mine?

Embezzler 00:03 25 Apr 03

Go to Control Panel --> select User Accounts --> select the account you want to delete --> once open there should be a option to deleted that account.

Embezzler 00:07 25 Apr 03

If that doesn't work it... make sure you are not logged in, in the account you are tryng to delete. If it still doesn't work try changing the account type and then see if you can delete it.

Let me know how you get on.

shep666 17:17 27 Apr 03

Thanks, unfortunately it did not work. With a few other problems as well, I decided to wipe the hard drive and start again. Not something you want to do lightly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…