Windows XP Add / Remove programs

cearve 17:35 27 Apr 07

Could anyone tell me why it is that I don't have a complete list of currently installed programs programs in the add / remove program section of Control panel. There is a couple of programs I wish to delete but they are not there in the listing and the installation disk does not have an uninstall feature. What would I need to do to overcome this? Thanks.

anskyber 17:53 27 Apr 07

Do they appear in Start, All Programs? If so they may have their own uninstaller there.

Alternatively if you can tell us which programs they are they may not be programs in the true sense but add ons which are disabled by a different route.

ArrGee 17:55 27 Apr 07

In cases like this, the program you are looking for can actually be part of a larger suite of applications.

Sometimes you can remove the unwanted program by removing the entire suite.

Another option is to re-install the program and see if it comes up.

cearve 19:04 27 Apr 07

Thanks for your help but I have found the answer. I've not seen this before but this is whats happened. I noticed that all the programs that were showing began with an A. Not thinking to scroll down the page until now, but after a very large proportion of blue space the remaining programs were sitting at the very bottom of the page. Unusual or what????

Jack Hackett 19:26 27 Apr 07

but after a very large proportion of blue space the remaining programs were sitting at the very bottom of the page. Unusual or what????
-

It's Not uncommon to have a large portion of blank space in the Add/Remove list.
This is generally due to the last application in the list's 'DisplayIcon' String having a negative number.
From here you can either remove the negative number or remove the last application listed:
Start/Run/Regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{}

Line 226 right hand side click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…