windows xp activation code

westdudes 21:11 20 Apr 05

hey dudes,

i have windows xp (oem), however ive just had one or two issues with my computer which ive decided to format and start again.

when looking at my windows xp cd, i realised in the case that i've lost the activation code, and after spending 8 hours searching.....im now very upset

any body have any clues on wether i can gain the code from a different source....is it burried in the computer somewhere (windows xp is still on the computer) or will i have to buy a new windows xp cd.....

thanks
simon

Bleep 21:13 20 Apr 05

Call Microsoft ....

VoG II 21:13 20 Apr 05

Do you mean the Product Key? click here

SANTOS7 21:14 20 Apr 05
  GroupFC 21:15 20 Apr 05

I have not used it myself but have seen it recommended here before now so you could try click here

GroupFC 21:16 20 Apr 05

Damn! must type faster!

DJ-Garry 21:31 20 Apr 05

westdudes, Do you still have the system running?
If you do, you can find your current product key from the system registry. 'Run' "regedit"...

Lady Lara 21:57 20 Apr 05

Get Belarc... as that will give all your product keys.

click here

westdudes 13:11 21 Apr 05

thanks alot for all the info people,

i download belarc except it for some reason showed two different product keys...strange

you know the reg edit, i do recall at some point seeing it in there in my travels, but i really cant remember which folder its under, theres 1000's

any ideas

thanks alot
simon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…