Windows XP 3d Screensaver

livewire 14:25 04 Sep 04

click here

Can anyone get the above Microsoft Screensave to work?

The requirements are:
System Requirements
• Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition or Microsoft Windows XP Professional.

• A 500 megahertz (MHz) processor, such as an Intel or an Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) or compatible processor. A 750 MHz or faster processor is recommended.

• 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM. 128 MB or higher recommended.

• 3 MB of available hard disk space.

• Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher.

• 3-D graphics accelerator with 16 MB of memory minimum, compatible with Microsoft Direct3D version 8.0. A Direct3D-compliant video adapter is required. Microsoft has tested many—but not all—of the major video adapters. For the most recent list of supported adapters and updated drivers, visit Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs site or Microsoft Windows Update.

I have an Intel 2.6 Processcor and an ATi MOBILLITY RADEON 9600 graphics card with 64Mb memory and the screensave simpily will not work- it appears and disappears again. My freind who has a slightly more powerful Intel 2.6 Processcor and the ATi RADEON 9800 128MB card and it does not play on his machine either.

Can anyone get this to work? Or is the screensaver fualty?

VoG II 14:32 04 Sep 04

It kicks in then disappears after about a second.

livewire 14:33 04 Sep 04

Yes- Same here.

It must be a fualty file...

Stuartli 14:51 04 Sep 04

I have it installed and it works OK - that's with a Celeron 400MHz and its replacement, a PentiumIII 550MHz CPU, and XP Pro.

Barmoor's Kid Sister 16:49 04 Sep 04

Works ok with Intel 4

Djohn 17:03 04 Sep 04

Just downloaded it and chose the install now feature rather than save to file, it works fine on XP Pro SP2 AMD 1800xp CPU. Looks good too. ;o)

rawprawn 17:25 04 Sep 04

Followed Djohn's advice, downloaded and installed no problems. Makes a nice change.

livewire 17:34 04 Sep 04

Djohn,

How did you select the 'Install now feature?'

Thanks,

LiveWire

Djohn 01:19 06 Sep 04

Sorry for the delay in replying. It came up on screen as an option. Save to drive or install now. I think it's part of SP2's new options when downloading instead of save or run now.

Philwane 08:05 06 Sep 04

Works fine with AMD xp1700+ ATI 9600 AIW and Windows XP Home SP2

Stuartli 08:18 06 Sep 04

Save to Disk or Install/Run Now is a common feature with all downloads, not just the Windows 3D screensaver or SP2 options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…