Windows XP

Sebastion 16:52 27 Oct 06

Is it possible to keep an extra copy of Windows XP on a second drive, in case the windows on the first drive goes funny, or would this be an ilegal copy?
Sebastian

SANTOS7 16:58 27 Oct 06

No need really, sensible thing to do is just back up your Operating system to whatever media you have, second HDD or disc with something like acronis true image click here
(cheap n all) safe in the knowledge you haven't infringed any licence aggreements and you haven't got to muck about with a dual boot config..

Sebastion 18:45 27 Oct 06

SANTOS7, Thank you for the information it is very helpful, I will look into the Acronis software.
Sebastian

vinnyT 13:21 28 Oct 06

Whilst the suggestion by SANTOS7 is, in my opinion, the best way to go, it didn't answer your question.

I read recently that you can have as many installations of xp as you want on the same pc, the important phase is 'on the same pc'. So to your question, yes.

Hope this helps.

terryf 13:33 28 Oct 06

As SANTOS7 said, using True Image would not only keep a copy of your OS but also all the other programs that you have loaded, I keep ALL my data and backups on a second drive including the OE store folder, this way if the system crashes or misbehaves, it takes less than 15 minutes to reload all of windows and programs (plus time to update windoze and AV progs)

Sebastion 15:56 28 Oct 06

Thank you, vinnyT and terryf for the information
it it very helpful.

murken 18:25 28 Oct 06

My NEW PC has Windows XP ME (media edition) and it keeps on crashing whenever i use a windows programme. What is wrong?

vinnyT 12:53 30 Oct 06

Sebastion welcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…